Keep the kids happy with this easy-to-make sausage roll from Jonny Marsh. Perfect for the lunch box or a quick dinner. You can even switch it up with veggie mince for a tasty, healthier alternative.
- Pork mince 500g (or 500g veggie mince)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Dry mixed herbs
- 1tbsp garlic purée
- 1 egg – for egg washing pastry
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1tbsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- Fry the chopped onion on a low-medium heat until soft (8-10 mins)
- Take the onions off the heat
- In a bowl, mix the pork mince, mixed herbs, garlic purée, fried onions together
- Once the ingredients are combined, empty on to a piece of cling film (large until to cover)
Watch the video for inspiration on the next steps, as this is a trick you’ll want to learn!
- Wrap the ingredients in cling film tightly
- Using your index finger and thumb to take a line of cling film
- As you let the cylinder dangle and use gravity and the weight and sway of the pork to naturally tighten the cling film
- Place the compact sausage mix on a puff pastry and roll slowly to cover. Remember to pinch the sides at each end to unsure the mix is kept tightly wrapped
- At this point, you and the children have a chance to freestyle – using a little office knife, create a little pattern in the leftover puff pastry and place on top.
- Leave to set in the fridge for an hour
- To finish, beat the egg in a separate bowl and brush the sausage roll with egg wash
- Place the sausage roll in an oven at 180° until golden brown (20-25 mins)
Serve with some salad and something tangy and you’ve got an absolutely delicious packed lunch, or a quick dinner for the whole family. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow Jonny on Instagram!
The Everyone Member Shop
Everyone Active has opened its own online shop that’s packed with fantastic quality fitness equipment that’s perfect for helping you work out at home at incredible prices. Follow the link below to find out more.