These burgers are a fantastic, delicious, alternative to a beef patty. They’re moist, fragrant and come with just a hint of spice; they’re perfect for the whole family!
For four burgers, all you’ll need is:
Black beans 400g tin
Brown rice 100g
Onion 1, finely chopped or grated
Fennel seeds 1 tsp, crushed
Garlic salt or salt ½ tsp
Smoked paprika 1 tsp
Panko breadcrumbs 25g
Flat-leaf parsley finely chopped to make 1 tbsp
Vegan burger buns x 4
To serve, choose from the below:
For the side salad:
Fennel ½ thinly sliced
Salad leaves 100g
Method for the black bean burger:
1. Add all the burger patty ingredients to a food processor
2. Blend well until all ingredients combined and then empty mixture in to a bowl
3. Separate the mixture in to four similarly-sized balls
4. Flatten each ball into a burger shape
5. Fry on a medium to high heat on both sides until browned (1 min each side)
6. Transfer to oven dish and warm through in the oven on 180° for 8mins
7. Add your burger patty, favourite toppings and sauce to the burger bun and enjoy!
Method for the salad:
1. Separate the segments of the oranges and squeeze out the juice in a bowl or small pouring jug
2. Slice the fennel as thinly as possible
3. Place the segments of orange with the fennel and salad leaves on a plate
4. Add a splash of the orange juice over the top and finish with a pinch of salt
And that’s it, it’s as simple as that! I hope you enjoy making and eating these burgers as much as I did. I can’t wait to see what you vote for next time!
Check out my quick coconut curry and my simple stir fry for more fantastic recipe ideas.
Vote for your favourite dishes on Everyone Active’s Instagram and Facebook pages and don’t forget to follow Jonny on Instagram as well!