Coconut Curry Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
Chicken breasts 2 (diced)
Onion 1 (chopped)
Tomato puree 1 tbsp
Garlic 5 cloves
Fresh Ginger thumb size
Garam masala 2 tbsp
Ground cumin 2 tbsp
Ground coriander 1 tbsp
Turmeric 1 tbsp
Mild curry powder 2 tbsp
Coconut milk 2 tins (800ml)
Chicken or vegetable stock 175ml
Olive oil 2 tbsp
For the coconut curry:
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil
- Once the pan is hot, add the onion, ginger and garlic to fry until soft, stirring frequently
- Mix the spices together and then add to the pan
- Once the spices are fully mixed in, stir in the tomato purée
- Then carefully pour in the chicken (or vegetable) stock and coconut milk
- Add the diced chicken (or cauliflower) and leave to cook through for 10 minutes (15 minutes on a lower heat)
- Season to taste (feel free to add some coriander) and serve with the rice, simple.
For the rice, just follow instructions on the packet (I recommend basmati).
I hope you enjoy this delicious coconut curry. It really is one of my favourites – so easy and so, so delicious. Stay tuned for more of my recipes every fortnight, voted for by you!