This one is from my book Easy. This turkey burger recipe offers a fresh and Summery spin on a classic beef burger. This one was inspired by a trip to California!
If you missed Chris’s Facebook Live cook-a-long where he demonstrated this delicious treat, along with some sweet potato fries, watch it here.
Turkey Burger Ingredients
- 500g turkey thigh mince
- 1 large tomato cut into 4 slices
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 2 avocados
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
- Sweet chilli sauce or ketchup
- 1 lime
Turkey Burger Method
- Remove the flesh from the avocado. Add to a bowl with a squeeze of lime, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Set aside for later
- Put the mince into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix together to form a compact mixture
- Divide the mix into four then use wet hands to roll into balls.
- Press each ball down to flatten into a burger shape around 1cm thick. Season the outside of the burger with salt then drizzle with a little olive oil. Set aside
- On a clean board. Slice each bun in half and spread with butter
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place the buns in the pan cut side down and toast for around 60 seconds until just golden. Remove from pan and set aside for servingPut the pan back on the heat. Fry the burgers for around 4-5 minutes each side until golden and cooked all the way through with no pink meat remaining.
- When cooked through, put a slice of cheese on top of each burger then add a splash of water to the pan. Cover with a lid or foil for 1 minute until the cheese has melted on the burger
- Spread the crushed avocado across the base of each burger bun followed by a slice of tomato, a lettuce leaf and the turkey burger.
- Spread your sauce of choice onto the inside of each bun lid and serve.
Keep coming back each week for more fantastic new recipes from Chris. You can also follow Chris on Instagram.