It has been a summer of football to remember for England, playing seven games and achieving fourth place in the World Cup.
Nearly 250 of you took on the challenge to cover the same average running distances of 10.8km per game required to make this achievement.
Here’s how you would have progressed during the tournament:
- Group Stage – 61 people covered enough distance to complete the three group stage games,
- Second Round – 46 reached the last 16, racking up four games’ worth of mileage,
- Quarter Final – 37 made it to the quarter finals, clocking over 54km,
- Semi Final – 30 reached the semi-finals, with six games’ worth of running,
- Final – Lastly, 21 of you managed to complete seven games’ – or more – worth of mileage (75.6km) and complete the World Cup Final!
Well done to Rob A from Hetton Community Pool and Wellness Centre who tops the leader board to win our version of the Golden Boot – the Golden Running Shoe – and clocking up an incredible total of 216km during the challenge!
If you are looking for a new challenge to push yourself and stay motivated take a look at our latest challenges: