It is that time of year for cosying up by the fire with your glass of Prosecco and your favourite chocolates, or heading out with friends for those legendary Christmas parties! We know this time of year is all about the temptations… but why should you feel guilty? Use it as the perfect excuse to dive into swimming this Christmas!
Zoggs has taken 12 of those festive food and drink favourites to give you 12 reasons to jump in this Christmas. Using an average person swimming at a slow freestyle pace as an example, we’ve calculated how long you’ll need to swim to burn off those small indulgences…
- 1 Candy Cane – 6 minutes
- 1 Glass of Mulled Wine (125ml) – 16 minutes
- A Slice of Yule Log – 27 minutes
- 4 Chocolates – 22 minutes
- 1 Mince Pie – 22 minutes
- 3 Pigs in Blankets – 18 minutes
- 1 Whole Chocolate Orange – 1 hour 55 minutes
- 1 Serving of Christmas Pudding (113g) – 43 minutes
- 1 Glass of Baileys (37ml) – 20 minutes
- 1 Glass of Prosecco (105ml) – 9 minutes
- Christmas Dinner – 2 hours
- A Gingerbread Man – 25 minutes
So whether you’re looking for a quick dip or to up your exercise routine to get you through the Christmas break, these Christmas favourites give you the perfect excuse. Don’t forget Christmas is a time for family so why not take the family and make some amazing memories!