Everyone Active believe that opportunities should be open to all and is committed to providing services which embrace Inclusivity, diversity and promote equality of opportunity. Our goal is to ensure that these commitments reinforced by our values are embedded in to our day to day working practices with all our customers, colleagues and partners.
Everyone Active aims to:
- Provide equality of opportunity to all customers regardless of their gender, age, ability, race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, social status, or sexual orientation to participate in sport and leisure activities at all levels whether as a customer using our services for the first time, or as a member or club member who use our centre facilities on a regular basis.
- Develop a culture that enables and values involvement of all, embedding and promoting the principles of equality and fairness through delivery of inclusive sport and leisure programmes.
- Create an environment in which all have equal opportunities to learn or participate in sport or leisure activities.
- Provide services in a way that is fair to everyone and ensures that all customers and colleagues are not disadvantaged by imposing any unreasonable conditions.
Everyone Active will achieve this by:
- Promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within the communities in which we work by facilitating local authorities’ leisure strategy and sport development aims.
- Ensuring our activity programmes reflect the diversity and needs of the community which is served.
- Provide valve for money activities to ensure equality of opportunity as far as possible.
- Implement and develop in partnership with our local authority client’s concessionary pricing and membership for socio-economic target groups.
- Create an environment which is both safe and fun for all ages, where participates are supported and talent can grow.
- Providing were reasonably practicable building access and equipment.
- Communicate effectively with underrepresented groups using website and promotional material that reflects target groups and local diversity.
- Monitoring customer participation and feedback to identify and develop opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Uphold our Equal Opportunities Policy, supported by equality and diversity awareness training for our managers and colleagues.
- Developing a workforce which reflects our customer base within the diverse communities in which we work.
- Train colleagues on disability etiquette and awareness.
- Actively recruiting people with disabilities for delivery of services we provide to customers.
- Providing training in audit accessibility for key regional managers to ensure delivery of reasonable adjustments to buildings and services we manage and provide.
Approved on behalf of the SLM Board
Approved on behalf of the Board of Trustees
Chief Executive Officer