Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (iosh) Qualifications
Candidates are formally assessed by means of an examination at the end of the course, and a practical workplace-based assessment. By the end of this course successful delegates should be able to:
- Know what is meant by the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’.
- Evaluate risk using a structured risk assessment approach.
- Identify and implement appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks, or seek advice on workplace precautions.
- Be involved in preparing written risk assessments.
- Understand and have input into their organisation’s health and safety policy and health and safety management system.
- Cooperate and communicate on health and safety matters.
- Ensure that their own work and that of the employees for whom they are responsible is carried out safely, i.e. without undue risk to themselves and others.
- Report relevant accidents and incidents.
- Identify methods of monitoring how safe their workplaces are.
Managing Safely Update
This must be completed every 3 years to maintain the above qualification. It is a 1-day course.