If you have been playing tennis for 1 or 2 years, you may have had some coaching, and perhaps been on the Westway Beginners course, but you now want to improve your tennis skills and build your confidence to play at a higher standard of singles and doubles.
Our Improvers course provides you with a great opportunity to develop your tennis skills and take your game to a higher level.
You will enjoy learning in a group of 6 to 8 players, with our LTA qualified and Westway licensed tennis coaches. This course will take you through a structured and balanced tennis coaching programme designed specifically for adult tennis players.
- Initial assessment and baseline play with use of spin for control
- Serve, return and baseline consistency and tactics
- When and how to approach the net to finish the point
- Offensive net play and defensive baseline play.
- Singles and Doubles positioning, tactics, for social match play.
On average, new players stay on this course for 8 to 12 months to improve their tennis skills. When the time is right, our coaches will signpost you to the next appropriate course or class that will help you improve your tennis.
£111 for 6 x 1 hour sessions on our indoor courts.
How to Book
You can book online, via the Everyone Active app or at reception.
T’s & C’s: once booked, you are committed to the 6 week course.