If you have been playing tennis for at least 3 years or more, you may have had some group and individual coaching, and perhaps been on the Westway Improvers course, but you now want to advance your tennis skills and build your confidence to play at a higher standards of club play in both singles and doubles.
Our intermediate club player’s course provides you with a great opportunity to progress your tennis skills and take your game to a higher level or club play. This is an ideal course for players aspiring to play in singles league competitions, inter-club matches, or tournaments.
You will enjoy learning in a group of 6 to 8 players, with our LTA qualified and Westway licensed tennis coaches. This course will take you through a structured and balanced tennis coaching programme designed specifically for club level, adult tennis players.
- Initial assessment and baseline play with use of height, depth and spin for control of the ball and the point
- Serves with spin, returns and baseline consistency and tactics
- When and how to approach the net to finish the point in singles and doubles
- Offensive net play and defensive baseline play in singles and doubles.
- Singles and doubles positioning, tactics, for competitive match play.
On average, new players stay on this course for 8 to 12 months to improve their tennis skills. When the time is right, our coaches will signpost you to the next appropriate course or class that will help you improve your tennis.
£111 for 6 x 1 hour sessions on our indoor courts.
How to Book
You can book online, via the Everyone Active app or at reception.
T’s & C’s: once booked, you are committed to the 6 week course