This page is designed to keep you up to date with the planning process and all the latest developments on the projects, so please keep revisiting this page to keep an eye of the progress of the improved facilities.
Stradbroke Swim and Fitness Centre
Planning has already been approved for a £200,000 refurbishment project at Stradbroke Swim and Fitness Centre. The refurbishment will significantly improve facilities for the local community and are due to begin from Monday 2nd March. Updates include:
- Refurbishments to the swimming pool changing rooms
- New-look reception area
- Updated gym changing rooms
- State-of-the-art Technogym equipment installation
Initial works will include the refurbishment of the swimming pool changing rooms. This will take place between 2nd March and 1st May. During this period, the changing rooms will be to be closed to enable building work to be completed.
From the 2nd May to the 22nd May, the gym changing rooms will be refurbished. They will also need to be closed during this period to allow for building to take place.
The reception area and corridors will be refurbished from 29th March for approximately nine weeks. Further information on entrance arrangements to the centre during this period will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
– New-look reception area
– Updated gym changing rooms
– State-of-the-art Technogym equipment installation
Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre
Planning applications for a £2.2million refurbishment project at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre have been submitted by Mid Suffolk District Council. Subject to approval, the works will take place at in March 2020 and will last approximately 20 weeks.
Proposed exciting upgrades include an expanded and improved 110 station gym alongside the following:
- Improvements to the toilets, shower areas, swimming pool changing rooms and fitness changing rooms
- New state-of-the-art Technogym equipment
- New-look corridors and reception counter
- Installation of self-service kiosks (in addition to the current reception)
- Decoration of the main hall
- Cladding to the front of the building
If approved, the work is due to start on 29th March and will last approximately 20 weeks. During this period, the site will remain open at this time so users can continue to take advantage of first-class fitness and sporting activities.
A decision on the proposed refurbishment is due on Wednesday 1st April.