Works to improve the Watford Leisure Centre – Woodside on Horseshoe Lane and Watford Leisure Centre – Central on Peace Prospect will be underway shortly.
In conjunction with Watford Borough Council, £1.8 million is being invested in both our centres in the borough, ensuring you can enjoy the most up-to-date facilities available.
The developments have been split into three phases:
Phase One: Complete
Phase Two: Works to be completed by December
Phase Three: Works to be completed by February
Watford Leisure Centre – Central
Phase One (complete) – New Virtual Cycling studio
Get involved as the world’s best instructors guide and motivate you through different workouts vi…a a big screen, while music and lights help you feel part of the live experience.
• Taking part in virtual classes can help to build up your confidence and fitness levels before you try a live class with one of our instructors.
• They are also a great way to add more variety into an existing activity programme.
• Classes last from 30 to 60 minutes, and are repeated throughout the week so it’s easy to catch up if you miss a session.
Phase Two – New and Improve Fitness Suite
Phase Three – New Health Suite including Sauna and Steam
No Joining Fee!*
Watford Leisure Centre – Woodside
Phase One (complete)
- Changing rooms significantly improved to a high specification
- A dedicated group-cycling studio with new virtual classes
The improvements include a brand new fitness studio as well as an ext…ension to our existing group exercise area, both of which have significantly increase class capacity. The installation of a state-of-the-art screen at the site has enabled virtual group exercise classes, which don’t require an instructor, to be hosted. The changing rooms at have also been modernised and made larger.
- Gym facilities to include over 130 pieces of state-of -the-art equipment
- Expansion of the toning suite to accommodate more activities for over 50s and users with disabilities
- Relocation of the upstairs dry-side changing rooms to the ground floor
- A relocated fitness studio with additional space
No Joining Fee!*
Where to park during refurbishment works
During the developments there will be disruptions to the car park. Please click the below button to see where to park during this time.
All the work is due to be completed by Autumn 2018. Please accept our apologies for any disruption caused.
The first phase of a £1.8million redevelopment of leisure facilities in Watford is now complete, …giving more people in the town the chance to get active. Find out more…
Watford’s elected Mayor Peter Taylor has marked the first day of the new leisure contract with Ev…eryone Active by visiting Watford Woodside to see the improvement works progressing. Find out more…