Everyone Active took over the management of Chesham Leisure Centre, The Chiltern Pools and Gym and Chalfont Leisure Centre in partnership with Buckinghamshire Council at the start of April 2020.
As part of the partnership, Everyone Active and the Council are investing over £36 million to deliver a fantastic range of leisure facilities for local communities, including the new Lifestyle Centre, opening in Amersham in 2021.
This page is designed to keep you up-to-date with the refurbishments and developments across all the centres, so please keep revisiting this page to keep an eye on the progress of the improved facilities.
Chalfont Leisure Centre
We’re also pleased to confirm that the refurbishment works across our gym and group exercise facilities are complete Chalfont Leisure Centre.
We’re pleased to confirm that Chalfont Pool will re-open on 18th October 2021.
Chalfont Pool is currently closed due to significant structural damage, discovered during the recent works at the centre, which means the pool cannot currently hold water. Buckinghamshire Council are therefore undertaking a full replacement of the pool.
The wider facilities at Chalfont Leisure Centre are reopened including the newly refurbished and much improved gym and immersive workout and group fitness studios.
Until the pool at Chalfont reopens on 18th October, customers may wish to use the Chiltern Pools in Amersham or Chesham Leisure Centre.
Chesham Leisure Centre
We’re delighted to inform you that our transformation project at Chesham Leisure Centre is now complete.
The Chiltern Pools & Gym
We are so excited to have officially opened our doors to The Chiltern Pools and Gym, for gym and swimming pool access, in line with Government guidance.
Chesham Leisure Centre
Our refurbishment programme is set to bring a whole host of improvements to Chesham Leisure Centre from brand new, state-of-the-art fitness equipment to the latest innovative workouts through our new PRAMA studio, offering the most immersive physical activity in the world of fitness!
Chesham Leisure Centre:
- PRAMA: a unique experience in which the room itself becomes part of the training through interactive floors and walls, motivational music, engaging LED lights, and stunning multimedia projections. Excited yet? We are!
- Group Cycling/Spin Studio: a brand-new group cycling studio fitted out with a curved wall-to-wall immersive screen and 18 Keiser M3i bikes with Keiser Integrated Technology, giving you the ability to transmit to multiple Bluetooth® devices at once, helping you to keep track of your workout progress
- New Gym: your new gym will be bigger and better with 80 fitness stations including Skill Mills bikes and rowing machines, Watt Bikes and Octane Fitness equipment
- Aerobics/ Group Fitness Studio: a new, larger dedicated aerobics/group fitness studio with a fantastic range of group fitness classes available that are designed to suit people of all ages and fitness levels
Chalfont Leisure Centre
Chalfont Leisure Centre:
- Group Cycling/Spin Studio: a brand-new group cycling studio fitted out with a curved wall-to-wall immersive screen and 21 Keiser M3i bikes with Keiser Integrated Technology and the ability to transmit to multiple Bluetooth® devices at once helping you to keep track of your workout progress
- New Gym: your new gym will be bigger and better with 70 fitness stations including Skill Mills bikes and rowing machines, Watt Bikes and Octane Fitness equipment
- Refurbished swimming pool
- Aerobics/Group Fitness Studio: a refurbished aerobics/group fitness studio with a fantastic range of group fitness classes available that are designed to suit people of all ages and fitness levels
A brand new, state-of-the-art leisure and community facility is coming to Amersham to replace the existing community centre and leisure facilities in the area. Work on the Lifestyle Centre started on site in November 2019 and is due to open in Autumn 2021.
The Chiltern Pools and Gym, Community Centre and Youth Club/Nursery will remain open throughout the development.
Construction works at the Lifestyle Centre site are continuing under the current circumstances, with fewer people and more facilities on site so that social distancing can be maintained.
Coming to the Lifestyle Centre in 2021:
- 8-lane 25 metre swimming pool with viewing area
- Diving / teaching pool alongside a kids’ splash pad area
- 130 station fitness studio
- Group Fitness Studio
- Group Cycling Studio
- Four badminton court sports hall
- Climbing wall
- Children’s soft play area and Clip ‘n’ Climb
- Cafe area
- Two squash courts
- The Council will also be delivering a library, nursery, community centre, with dedicated sessions for the youth club and disability club