Following the completion of a £1million refurbishment in April, the facility is now undergoing additional improvement works which will see parts of the roofs, some of which date back to 1975, replaced or re-covered.
The works have started and are expected to be completed by Easter 2022, forming part of the council’s commitment to improving its leisure provision.
Everyone Active is working closely with the council to ensure customers experience minimal disruption. However, some temporary changes will need to be put in place for the duration of the works:
- The wet changing area will be closed, the pool will remain open and we ask that you arrive swim ready.
- The dry changing area will be available for use after your swim. Access to the pool will be via the learner pool door next to Florence day Spa.
- For gym users the changing rooms remain open, however we ask that you come activity ready and only use the changing area if necessary.
- Junior swimming lessons will go ahead as normal, again we ask that you arrive swim ready and use the changing rooms after your child’s lesson. All under 8’s MUST be accompanied by a parent/carer when using the changing facilities.
- We are pleased to welcome our local schools back into the pool for their swimming lessons, which they have had to miss for the last 18 months, however this will mean that at times the changing area will be unavailable.
- Group exercise classes will be relocated to the main studio in the martial arts hall and will be instructor led.
- Squash courts will remain open, however an alternative access route will available.
- Our Soft Play area & Bouldering cave remains closed for the duration of the works.
We appreciate these temporary changes will cause some inconvenience, but we believe this will prove an important project for the long-term future of the site.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in advance and will keep you fully updated as the works progress and new information becomes available.