Southwark Council is offering residents free swimming lessons. 12-week courses for beginners are available at leisure centres operated by Everyone Active on behalf of Southwark Council.
Who is the offer available to?
If you’re a Southwark resident, a non-swimmer and aged 16 or over you can book free swimming lessons. Lessons are available as follows:
- Adults aged 16 or over can book lessons at Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre
- Over-60s can book lessons at any centre listed below
- Residents with disabilities can book at any centre below.
Where you can have free lessons
- Camberwell Leisure Centre, Artichoke Place, London SE5 8TS
- The Castle Centre, 2 St Gabriel Walk, Elephant and Castle, London SE1 6FG
- Dulwich Leisure Centre, 2b Crystal Palace Road, London SE22 9HB
- Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre, 10 Melon Road, London SE15 5QN – Please note that the adult swimming lessons for residents 16 to 59 years at Peckham Pulse is full.Please do not register for these places until later in the year when we open bookings for January 2020.
- Seven Islands Leisure Centre, 100 Lower Road, Rotherhithe SE16 2TU
How to book your free lessons
- Check when lessons are available each week.
- Fill in a request form after clicking to register stating your preference of when you’d like to have lessons.
- Everyone Active will contact you by phone or email to offer you a lesson slot. If a suitable slot is not available you’ll be put on a waiting list.
- You confirm you’d like to accept the place if one is offered.
- Bring proof of your address to the leisure centre on the day of your first lesson.
Please read the additional information about the scheme including what to bring, and the length of the course.
Residents that need support in completing an application for the free lesson scheme can get help by visiting your local leisure centre or library.