As part of our Energy Campaign, we’ve teamed up with chef Chris Baber to bring you simple, delicious recipe ideas that will help reduce the amount of energy you use and lessen your food waste. This delicious bircher muesli is easy and quick to make, uses up ingredients you might have left over in the cupboard or in the fruit bowl and you can make it ahead of time, so it’s ready to eat the moment you want it! It’s also nutritious and full of everything you need to keep you going through a busy morning. Why not give it a go?
Makes four portions.
- 200g porridge oats
- Two apples or pears, grated
- 50g raisins
- 50g flaked almonds
- 50g mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp honey / maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 500ml milk of choice
Recipe – simple as they come!
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl or Tupperware container. Mix together.
- Leave to soak in the fridge overnight
- To serve divide between mixing bowl, scatter with more fruit, nuts or seeds as desired
- Top tip. Double up on quantities and store in the fridge for two days to have a breakfast ready to go