The organising committee are pleased to announce that the Everyone Active 2022 Lowestoft Christmas Day Swim, sponsored by JME, will be going ahead.
The swim will be spearheaded by Everyone Active and supported by HM Coastguard, Lowestoft Volunteer Lifeguard Corps, Lowestoft Lions, St John Ambulance, RNLI and new for this year, East Point Pavilion.
Last year’s swim was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, making the 2022 swim the 43rd edition of the event.
- Registration & Changing will be in the East Point Pavilion from 8:30am (time TBC)
- Location: The 2022 swim will take place between East Point Pavilion and Claremont Pier. Further details will be released by Everyone Active (Waterlane Leisure Centre) in due course.
- Time: 10am sharp! A quick warm up on the beach followed by a jog into the sea for your dip.
Swimmers’ applications will be available online (below) and in person from Waterlane Leisure Centre in early November. On registration, swimmers are required to make a minimum £5 donation to ensure their registration is complete. All monies will go to the charities listed above.
Monies can still be handed in on the day and in buckets. We will also be operating a band system so please make sure you register as no registration, no swim.
How to Book
Step 1: Registering for an account and logging in
If you are not yet registered with Everyone Active, please set up your free account below. If you are registered but cannot remember your password, please select ‘Reset Password’.
Step 2: Signing the waiver and booking
Once you have registered and logged into your account you will be ready to sign the waiver and book. Click the below button to read and sign the waiver, you will then be provided with a link to book. Click that link and follow the process to secure your place.
Beneficiaries of the 2022 Swim
- James Paget Charity Trust (2021 Beneficiary but swim was cancelled) – Money raised will be utilised to improve staff welfare. It will primarily pay for staff counselling relating to the pandemic, as well as providing covered outside areas to allow staff to get away from the ward during breaks. The fund can also be used to provide staff with additional training.
- Lowestoft Volunteer Lifeguard Corps (Organiser)
- Lowestoft Lions (Organiser)
- Dementia UK (Local Branch) (Everyone Active partner charity)
- St John Ambulance (Local Branch) (Organiser)
- Brian Gallagher Football Fund