Staying Active sessions are ideal for older adults of all abilities and can be a great way to meet new friends whilst keeping fit and active. Remember, eat well, move more, live longer. Activities take place at venues across the borough and newcomers are always welcome as activities are low impact and cater for those who are just starting to be active or for those wanting to stay or be more active.
Why get active?
- Reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and strokes
- Helps reduce high blood pressure
- Helps control body weight and can help to control diabetes
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer –it may also help prevent other forms of cancer
- Decreases the risk of depression and reduces stress and anxiety
- Reduces the likelihood of brittle bone disease (osteoporosis) in later life