As part of our Energy Campaign, we’ve teamed up with chef Chris Baber to bring you simple, delicious recipe ideas that will help reduce the amount of energy you use and lessen your food waste. For example, he’s already shown us how to make a sumptuous bircher muesli using only things you’ll find in the kitchen! These delicious creamy salmon and leek parcels are quick and easy to make, use up ingredients you might have left over in the cupboard, the fridge, or freezer. It’s also nutritious and full of everything you need to keep you going. Why not give it a go?
- 2 x salmon fillets
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted (Run under hot water)
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon
- Lay out two sheets of greaseproof paper around 40cm x 40cm
- Divide the leeks and peas into the middle of each sheet of paper then lay a fillet of salmon on top of each. Season with salt and pepper
- Cook in the microwave for 4-5 minutes
- In a small bowl mix together the crème fraiche and mustard with 2 tbsp of water
- Serve and enjoy!