As part of our Energy Campaign, we’ve teamed up with chef Chris Baber to bring you simple, delicious recipe ideas that will help reduce the amount of energy you use and lessen your food waste. For example, he’s already shown us how to make a sumptuous bircher muesli and creamy salmon and leek parcels using really common, easy to find ingredients! This week is no exception. This delicious sausage and broccoli pasta dish is quick and easy to make, and uses ingredients you may already have in the kitchen. It’s also nutritious and full of everything you need to keep you going. Why not give it a go?
- 400g pasta
- 4 sausages
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets; stalk diced
- 1 lemon
- 25g parmesan
- Remove the sausage meat from the skins, break into small pieces
- Cook your pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for one minute less packet instruction
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the sausage, break up with a wooden spoon. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes until golden. Then add the garlic and chilli, cook for another minute.
- Add the broccoli to the sausage, garlic and chilli with a splash of water, season with salt and pepper. Stir together then cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes until the broccoli is tender. Stir now and again.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain then add to the sausage with 2 tbsp of its cooking water along with the parmesan cheese. Toss together and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat
- Serve with lemon zest and black pepper
Chris regularly contributes new recipes to Everyone Active, each of which is delicious, nutritious and easy to make – so keep coming back for more! You can also follow Chris on Instagram.