Following the Government announcement, we are pleased to share the latest information on the reopening of our centres.
It’s been a challenging start to the year for us all, but this update is very much welcomed by the leisure industry and we look forward to getting the nation back active in 2021. We’re so pleased we’re once again able to support our local communities. Like everyone else, over the coming months, our focus is to safely reopen our centres as soon as we can.
Thank you all for your continued support.
Our Roadmap To Reopening
We are happy to announce our roadmap to reopening, this shows at each step the facilities and activities we will safely be able to open for you. We are looking forward to having our centres and facilities reopened and welcoming you back.
Click the image to see a full screen version. This roadmap to reopening shows the dates we aim to reopen centres and facilities, we will only open if safe to do. Dates may change depending on Government regulations.
We have answered other questions about re-opening, memberships and other areas, these can be found on our – FAQ’s Section
We’ve been overwhelmed by the support we’ve received from you all, and we’re delighted to see that many of you have been remaining active whilst on lockdown.
We are working hard to ensure our centres remain a safe environment for all. Below are details for the general measures we are taking around our centres. Specific guidance can be found through the links above.
Please be aware, not all of the below facilities may reopen at your local leisure centre in the first instance.
Please ensure you read this information thoroughly before visiting the centre. All the measures detailed below are based on government guidance and our own risk assessments.
General COVID secure measures we are undertaking, include:
As of step 2 (This will be updated as the guidance at each step is confirmed by the Government)
- Activities should be booked online or via the Everyone Active app prior to visiting – download it today
- Latest Government COVID measures will apply
- We ask that anyone feeling ill or showing signs of any symptoms does not attend the centre and follow NHS guidance
- Customers aged 16 and over should scan the NHS QR code posters displayed using the NHS COVID-19 app. You will be asked to provide your name and contact details so you can be notified if you have been exposed to the virus
- When making bookings please adhere to the government legislation and the rules of social contact. You must not mix with people you do not live with or share a bubble with except where personal training or coaching is taking place on a 1:1 basis
- Customers are not required to wear face coverings in sports facilities, however customers are encouraged to wear face coverings in enclosed public areas when not engaging in sport and physical activity
- Due to one-way systems and social distancing, please arrive ready to take part in your activity and shower at home where possible
- Spectators are not currently permitted at organised sports activities. This does not apply to carers or any adults required to supervise anyone under the age of 18 in a safeguarding role. Supervising adults should not mix with those outside their bubble
- We ask anyone attending a booked activity to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your start time. If you arrive earlier than 5 minutes, we kindly ask that you wait outside or in your car to avoid congregating in reception and communal areas
- All activities will have maximum numbers allocated
- We have implemented a one-way system (where possible) so we can maintain social distancing guidelines in all areas of our centres. Please adhere to the one-way systems in place
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning materials will be located at various locations around the building for customers to use
- Use the hand sanitiser provided before and after your session/activity
- All customer communication can be done through this website to avoid interaction, but where this may be unavoidable, we have installed protective ‘sneeze screens’
- We will provide training for all team members on our new operating procedures, ensuring both member and team safety is always a priority
- We have increased our cleaning of the centres and have reviewed our procedures to ensure they meet COVID-19 Public Health England and Government guidance. You will see additional focused cleaning of any shared surfaces and regular antivirus fogging of areas throughout the day
- Clear signage around the centre’s will be used to remind colleagues and customers of Government advice
- Anyone that is found to not be adhering to these rules will be asked to leave
Travelling to our centres
We ask that all our customers consider the safest way to travel to our facilities during the Covid-19 pandemic – Government advice is to avoid using public transport where ever possible. Where distances allow, you could make your journey to our centre part of your exercise regime by running, walking or cycling. We do have car parking facilities at the majority of our locations. For further information please visit the Dept for Transport website.
As well as the above, there are specific measures in place per activity/session and class. To see these additional measures, you the links above:
This page will be updated accordingly with further guidance and the reopening of more activities. Please keep checking this page for the most up-to-date information.
Please stay safe and active and we look forward to seeing you all soon.
The Everyone Active team