Following the Governments COVID announcement
As per the latest Government announcement, we are delighted to reopen our centres on Wednesday 2nd December, with lessons and sports courses resuming on the 3rd December.
Whilst our gyms and swimming pools will remain open in all tiers, some of the facilities we are able to offer customers will be affected in tier 3 areas.
Details on what facilities will be available in each tier can be found below. Please familiarise yourself with this information, along with our COVID-safety measures.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times. Stay safe, keep active and we will see you all very soon!
Please continue to familiarise yourself with the latest information. See further information on Local Restriction Tiers and Government Social Distancing Guidelines.
We’re really looking forward to re-opening our doors and welcoming all our customers and colleagues back to our centres. We’ve been overwhelmed by the support we’ve received from you all, and we’re delighted to see that many of you have been remaining active whilst on lockdown.
We’ve been working hard to ensure our centres remain a safe environment for all when they reopen. Below are details for the measures we are taking around our centres and specifically to certain facilities/activities within them.
Please be aware, not all of the below facilities may reopen at your local leisure centre in the first instance – this is dependent on the specific plans that have been agreed with your local authority.
Please ensure you read this information thoroughly before visiting the centre. All the measures detailed below are based on government guidance and our own risk assessments.
General COVID secure measures we are undertaking, include:
- Activities should be booked online or via the Everyone Active app prior to visiting – download it today
- Latest Government COVID measures will apply – Latest updates
- Adult customers booking indoor activities at Everyone Active Leisure Centres within COVID – 19 Tier 2 and 3 area locations are requested to only book adult activity sessions for themselves or members of the same household or support bubble
- We ask that anyone feeling ill or showing signs of any symptoms does not attend the centre and follow NHS guidance
- Customers are encouraged to scan the NHS QR code posters. You will be asked to provide your name and contact details so you can be notified if you have been exposed to the virus
- When making bookings please adhere to the government legislation on the rule of 6
- Customers are encouraged to wear face coverings in our facilities when not taking part in an activity
- Participants to arrive changed and ready to play
- We ask anyone attending a booked activity to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your start time. If you arrive earlier than 5 minutes, we kindly ask that you wait outside or in your car to avoid congregation in reception and communal areas
- Ensuring our cleaning measures adhere to Public Health England guidance
- All activities will have maximum numbers allocated
- We will look to implement a one-way system (where possible) so we can maintain social distancing guidelines in all areas of our centres
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning materials will be located at various locations around the building for customers to use
- Use the hand sanitiser provided before and after your session/activity
- Please adhere to the one-way systems in place
- All customer communication can be done through this website to avoid interaction, but where this may be unavoidable, we have installed protective ‘sneeze screens’
- We will provide training for all team members on our new way of operating, ensuring both member and team safety is always a priority
- We will increase our cleaning of the centre and have reviewed our procedures to ensure they meet the COVID 19 Public Health England COVID 19: Cleaning of non-healthcare settings guidance. You will see additional focused cleaning of any shared surfaces and regular antivirus fogging of areas throughout the day
- Remind both colleagues and customers of Government advice through clear notices around our centres
- Anyone that is found to not be adhering to these rules will be asked to leave
Travelling to our centres
We ask that all our customers consider the safest way to travel to our facilities during the Covid-19 pandemic – Government advice is to avoid using public transport where ever possible. Where distances allow, you could make your journey to our centre part of your exercise regime by running, walking or cycling. We do have car parking facilities at the majority of our locations. For further information please visit the Dept for Transport website.
All booking and payments need to be via the website or the Everyone Active app, further information regarding bookings can be found on our Book With Us page.
As well as the above, there are specific measures in place per activity/session and class. To see these additional measures, you the links below:
This page will be updated accordingly with further guidance and the reopening of more activities. Please keep checking this page for the most up-to-date information.
Please stay safe and active and we look forward to seeing you all soon.
The Everyone Active team