We’re really looking forward to re-opening our doors and welcoming all our customers and colleagues back to our centres. We’ve been overwhelmed by the support we’ve received from you all, and we’re delighted to see that many of you have been remaining active whilst on lockdown.
There’s still a lot of speculation as to when leisure centres across the country will be able to open, however we want to reassure you that you’ll be the first to know when the time comes. We’re also working hard to ensure that, when our centres do reopen, they remain a safe environment for all. We’re still outlining the full detail, which we will share in due course, but here are just some of the measures we’ll be taking to keep you safe:
- Ensure our cleaning measures adhere to Public Health England guidance
- All activities will have maximum numbers and we will look to implement one way systems so we can maintain social distancing guidelines in all areas of our centres
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning materials will be located throughout the building for customers to use
- All customer communication can be done through this website to avoid interaction, but where this may be unavoidable we have installed protective ‘sneeze screens’
- We will provide training for all team members on our new way of operating, ensuring both member and team safety is always a priority
- Most activities will be booked online or via the Everyone Active app prior to visiting the building
- We will increase our cleaning of the centre and have reviewed our procedures to ensure they meet the COVID 19 Public Health England COVID 19: Cleaning of non-healthcare settings guidance. You will see additional focused cleaning of any shared surfaces and regular antivirus fogging of areas throughout the day
- Remind both colleagues and customers of Government advice through clear notices around our centres
- We ask that anyone feeling ill or showing signs of any symptoms does not attend the centre and follow NHS guidance
We are currently working with current government guidance and industry bodies guidance, (including ukactive), to determine a full and comprehensive opening plan. We’re very mindful that guidance is changing daily, so to ensure we provide you with the most up-to-date information on our plans for reopening, we will continue to update this page accordingly.
All booking and payments need to be via the website or the Everyone Active App.
As well as the above, there are specific measures in place per activity/session and class. To see these additional measures, you the links below:
Gym | Group Exercise
The reopening of our gyms and studios
The gyms and studios will be the first of our facilities to reopen within our centres. The dates for reopening are subject to Government updates and guidance and our discussions with local authority partners. We aim to open all our gyms and group exercise classes as soon as possible and will contact all centre members individually to notify them of the exact reopening date for their local centre.
In addition to our general reopening measures detailed above, please familiarise yourself with the below changes relating specifically to our gyms and studios.
- The general measures detailed above will apply
- There will be a one-way system in place throughout the centres and in corridors leading to the gym
- We will limit the number of people in the gym at any one time to allow for social distancing. *The maximum number will be subject to the size of your local gym
- Where possible, we have tried to utilise other areas of our centres to place gym equipment (i.e. the sports hall or studios) to avoid members being congregated in one area. In these instances, signage will be placed as you enter the building to make you aware of where equipment can be found.
- A booking system will be introduced to manage occupancy levels and to avoid overcrowding. All customers will be required to pre-book for a session via a booking system. Each session will be a maximum of 50 minutes long, with 10 minutes at the end to allow for cleaning of equipment.
- Members will be able to book their gym session up-to 7-days in advance. Non-members will be able to book their session up-to 5-days in advance
- Although changing rooms will be open, customers will be advised to attend in their gym kit and be prepared to shower and change at home
- Customers are asked to bring their own water bottles and towels
- We will increase ventilation in all areas of the gym (through air conditioning and opening windows) to ensure the circulation of fresh air
- Customers are asked to clean equipment before and after each use. Cleaning stations will be located around the gym for both customers and colleagues to utilise.
- Colleagues will clean equipment after every session. Trained staff will disinfect the fitness suite and studios with a fogging machine on a regular basis
- Inductions will be operated online via the website and app
- Junior Gym (11-15 year olds) sessions will be retained for existing members with a parent or Guardian in attendance. We will not be inducting new Junior Gym members initially, due to a one-to-one induction with a colleague being required.
- Personal Trainers will be operating and will be required to maintain social distancing
Group Exercise Studio Measures
- The general measures detailed above will apply
- Group Exercise Customers will need to book in advance via the Everyone Active App. Classes will run with a minimum of 15 minutes being allocated after each class, to allow time for cleaning of the studio and changeover of participants
- Members will be able to book a class up-to 7-days in advance. Non-members will be able to book a class up-to 5-days in advance
- Class capacity will be reduced to ensure social distancing. Floor markers will outline starting points for customers
- Where sessions involve shared equipment, (e.g. circuit training) we will be adapting the class to remove the need for such equipment
- Where possible, customers are asked to bring their own yoga mats and water bottles
- Sessions involving personal equipment (e.g. yoga mat) will be cleaned pre and post class and people will be encouraged to bring their own equipment where possible
Please stay safe and active and we look forward to seeing you all soon.
The Everyone Active team